Saturday, June 14, 2008

6 degrees of..

It funny how the people we NEVER expect to still be around..tend to show up at the most uncanny times.
Case in point:
Ive always kept contact with The Diamond in the rough. Even when I was with my ex. At first it was the theory of "keep your friends close but your enemies closer" which was a natural instinct when, at the time, I thought I had something worth not wanting to lose. I was totally profile whoring her..analyzing every word she wrote pertaining to her vanished counter part, which in fact, was another persona that my ex had created for "RP" purposes. (You wont hear much about him in this area honestly..you have to actually care about someone to give them your energy and effort) but I digress..

It took awhile to actually "know" The Diamond. Like any diamond, hold it the wrong way and you can get cut, but when you actually look at it in the right light..you say to yourself..
"you know..this is really beautiful"
Now people looking on the outside may say.."wha???!! the exes are on a united front!!" Let them say what they like..they will anyway.
But the amazing thing is that the road she and I are traveling has nothing to do with the past..we're making our own present..and future.
Its gonna be an interesting ride..should make sure we meet the height requirements *snickers*

No comments: